October 4, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Long thought to be non-transferable to humans, meat from deer contaminated with chronic wasting disease (CWD) may be more dangerous than originally thought. In a summer 2017 report by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency regarding the ongoing CWD study of 18 macaqu… Continue reading
Since the 1960s, Chronic wasting disease (CWD) has impacted moose, elk, deerand caribou across 24 states and two Canadian provinces. It is a fatal neurological disease that can decimate herds. Because of this, states have tried to stop the spread of this deadly disease by “lethally removing” diseased animals, closing supplemental feeding stations… Continue reading
September 25, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Sustainable Agriculture and Wildlife Corp, LLC (SAWCorp) has introduced the very first practical blood test for Chronic Wasting Disease in deer and elk. Blood collection kits and lab tests can be ordered online at www.sawcorp.com The blood collection kits will also soon be available for purchase at selected outdoor retailers… Continue reading
Iowa State University researchers discover new screening technique for protein misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease and Parkinson’s
AMES, Iowa – A new screening technique outlined in recently published research from biomedical scientists at Iowa State University could slash the time required to conduct experiments on prion misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease. The discovery could pave the way for scientists to gain a better understanding of how these disorders develop and … Continue reading
A months-long effort to thin the deer herd and determine the infection rate of chronic wasting disease in southeastern Minnesota wrapped up on Sunday night when federal sharpshooters concluded their work in a CWD “hot zone” near Preston. Erik Hildebrand, DNR wildlife health specialist, reports that sharpshooters removed 238 deer in the past month, with … Continue reading
West Fargo Last fall, I wrote about specific restrictions that regulate the importation of deer carcasses and heads from other states, and the rules for transporting deer out of deer hunting Unit 3F2 in south central North Dakota. Unit 3F2, located west of the Missouri River and bordering the South Dakota state line, is targeted … Continue reading
- Hunters Urged To Properly Dispose Of Urine-Scent Lures By New Year - KLCC FM Public Radio August 19, 2019Hunters Urged To Properly Dispose Of Urine-Scent Lures By New Year KLCC FM Public RadioOregon wildlife officials are reminding hunters to get rid of all scented lures that contain deer or elk urine by 2020. As KLCC's Brian Bull explains, it's.
- Think twice before filling corn feeder | Free - Harrison Daily August 18, 2019Think twice before filling corn feeder | Free Harrison DailyLITTLE ROCK – As summer begins to take its toll and the start of deer season nears, many deer hunters are beginning to think about how they can help the.
- In fight against 'zombie deer disease,' Arizona implements restrictions on hunters entering state - St George News August 18, 2019In fight against 'zombie deer disease,' Arizona implements restrictions on hunters entering state St George NewsPINETOP, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona wildlife managers are taking preventive measures against a disease that can kill deer, elk and other animals. The Arizona Game ...
- Arizona Game and Fish hope to stave off elk and deer disease - Daily Herald August 18, 2019Arizona Game and Fish hope to stave off elk and deer disease Daily HeraldPINETOP, Ariz. — Arizona wildlife managers are taking preventive measures against a disease that can kill deer, elk and other animals.
- State adds deer hunting rules to combat chronic wasting disease - Today's News-Herald August 18, 2019State adds deer hunting rules to combat chronic wasting disease Today's News-HeraldThe Arizona Game and Fish Department is hoping to keep chronic wasting disease out of the state by enacting rules regarding the possession and ...