October 4, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Long thought to be non-transferable to humans, meat from deer contaminated with chronic wasting disease (CWD) may be more dangerous than originally thought. In a summer 2017 report by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency regarding the ongoing CWD study of 18 macaqu… Continue reading
Since the 1960s, Chronic wasting disease (CWD) has impacted moose, elk, deerand caribou across 24 states and two Canadian provinces. It is a fatal neurological disease that can decimate herds. Because of this, states have tried to stop the spread of this deadly disease by “lethally removing” diseased animals, closing supplemental feeding stations… Continue reading
September 25, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Sustainable Agriculture and Wildlife Corp, LLC (SAWCorp) has introduced the very first practical blood test for Chronic Wasting Disease in deer and elk. Blood collection kits and lab tests can be ordered online at www.sawcorp.com The blood collection kits will also soon be available for purchase at selected outdoor retailers… Continue reading
Iowa State University researchers discover new screening technique for protein misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease and Parkinson’s
AMES, Iowa – A new screening technique outlined in recently published research from biomedical scientists at Iowa State University could slash the time required to conduct experiments on prion misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease. The discovery could pave the way for scientists to gain a better understanding of how these disorders develop and … Continue reading
A months-long effort to thin the deer herd and determine the infection rate of chronic wasting disease in southeastern Minnesota wrapped up on Sunday night when federal sharpshooters concluded their work in a CWD “hot zone” near Preston. Erik Hildebrand, DNR wildlife health specialist, reports that sharpshooters removed 238 deer in the past month, with … Continue reading
West Fargo Last fall, I wrote about specific restrictions that regulate the importation of deer carcasses and heads from other states, and the rules for transporting deer out of deer hunting Unit 3F2 in south central North Dakota. Unit 3F2, located west of the Missouri River and bordering the South Dakota state line, is targeted … Continue reading
- Refuge takes heat for feeding | Local - Jackson Hole News&Guide December 8, 2018Refuge takes heat for feeding | Local Jackson Hole News&GuideEnvironmental attorneys are calling on the National Elk Refuge to make good on old promises and produce a decade-delayed plan detailing how it will achieve ...
- Combating Chronic Wasting Disease - Kotatv December 8, 2018Combating Chronic Wasting Disease KotatvChronic wasting disease is not the end of hunting St. George Daily SpectrumMany game processors see a hit due to Chronic Wasting Disease YourErieThe New West: Chronic wasting disease is on Yellowstone's doorstep Explore Big SkyView full coverage on Google News
- MDC finds first case of CWD in southwest Missouri - Lakenewsonline.com December 8, 2018MDC finds first case of CWD in southwest Missouri Lakenewsonline.comThe yearling white-tailed buck was harvested on private land the opening weekend of the November firearms deer season near Reeds Spring, approximately 15 ...
- Krautter prepares for Helena | Local News Stories - Sidney Herald Leader December 7, 2018Krautter prepares for Helena | Local News Stories Sidney Herald LeaderThe Montana legislative session doesn't officially start until Jan. 7, but newly elected House District 35 representative Joel Krautter is already working hard in ...
- Summary Of Deer Management Plan Presented During TFWC's December Meeting - The Chattanoogan December 7, 2018Summary Of Deer Management Plan Presented During TFWC's December Meeting The ChattanooganThe Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency's five-year strategic deer management plan was presented during the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission's ...