October 4, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Long thought to be non-transferable to humans, meat from deer contaminated with chronic wasting disease (CWD) may be more dangerous than originally thought. In a summer 2017 report by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency regarding the ongoing CWD study of 18 macaqu… Continue reading
Since the 1960s, Chronic wasting disease (CWD) has impacted moose, elk, deerand caribou across 24 states and two Canadian provinces. It is a fatal neurological disease that can decimate herds. Because of this, states have tried to stop the spread of this deadly disease by “lethally removing” diseased animals, closing supplemental feeding stations… Continue reading
September 25, 2017 (Overland Park, KS) Sustainable Agriculture and Wildlife Corp, LLC (SAWCorp) has introduced the very first practical blood test for Chronic Wasting Disease in deer and elk. Blood collection kits and lab tests can be ordered online at www.sawcorp.com The blood collection kits will also soon be available for purchase at selected outdoor retailers… Continue reading
Iowa State University researchers discover new screening technique for protein misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease and Parkinson’s
AMES, Iowa – A new screening technique outlined in recently published research from biomedical scientists at Iowa State University could slash the time required to conduct experiments on prion misfolding diseases such as chronic wasting disease. The discovery could pave the way for scientists to gain a better understanding of how these disorders develop and … Continue reading
A months-long effort to thin the deer herd and determine the infection rate of chronic wasting disease in southeastern Minnesota wrapped up on Sunday night when federal sharpshooters concluded their work in a CWD “hot zone” near Preston. Erik Hildebrand, DNR wildlife health specialist, reports that sharpshooters removed 238 deer in the past month, with … Continue reading
West Fargo Last fall, I wrote about specific restrictions that regulate the importation of deer carcasses and heads from other states, and the rules for transporting deer out of deer hunting Unit 3F2 in south central North Dakota. Unit 3F2, located west of the Missouri River and bordering the South Dakota state line, is targeted … Continue reading
- Battle Against Chronic Wasting Disease In County Continues - Ste. Genevieve Herald January 15, 2019Battle Against Chronic Wasting Disease In County Continues Ste. Genevieve HeraldProperty owners in southern Ste. Genevieve County will have the opportunity to participate in a culling program this winter in an effort to slow the spread of ...
- TWRA extends special hunting season - WVLT.TV January 15, 2019TWRA extends special hunting season WVLT.TVThe Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission approved a special extended hunting season following the confirmed presence of CWD in west Tennessee in ...
- Testing confirms 14 CWD positive deer - Buckmasters Online January 15, 2019Testing confirms 14 CWD positive deer Buckmasters OnlineFourteen tissue samples from wild Iowa deer tested positive for chronic wasting disease, bringing the total deer testing positive in Iowa to 44.
- Michigan ranks #1 in job creation from hunting and fishing - WSYM-TV January 15, 2019Michigan ranks #1 in job creation from hunting and fishing WSYM-TVMichigan ranks first among the Great Lakes states for jobs created from hunting and fishing related purchases. As we shared yesterday, a report from the ...
- What a rack! Unique antlers set Allagash buck apart - fiddleheadfocus.com January 15, 2019What a rack! Unique antlers set Allagash buck apart fiddleheadfocus.comSpend a bit of time on social media, and you're sure to find videos captioned with all kinds of bold claims.